Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Long Time, No Time!

My apologies for a lack of communication last week. The door to the family history center was inadvertently locked, and since that is the only access to e-mail we have, we do not get to e-mail our families if it is locked on Tuesdays. I sent out a letter instead, I hope that will suffice.

I actually only have about 4 minutes, so I am afraid there will be a significant lack of details today. I will endeavor to answer most of the questions I got.

First, Matsudo is a lot of fun, but it is very different from Shibuya. In Shibuya there is no point in housing (going door to door and knocking to talk to people inside) because there are so many people on the streets, and not a lot of houses. In Matsudo there are very few people on the streets, but the area is so much bigger that we spend most of our time biking from place to place anyway! We spend a large chunk of our time working with Less Actives. We teach them the gospel, much in the way we teach the current investigators.

We have a lot of investigators, by the way. We are averaging 2 1/2 appointments every day. The rest of the time we spend visiting people, handing out fliers, performing service, or getting caught up in something unexpected.

This area is a lot of fun, and I am getting used to Japanese food again. I STILL hate raw seaweed, but everything else is pretty much okay. Except raw seafood. Raw fish, fine. Raw squid, not fine.

You can see Mount Fuji from the church. I would show you a picture but I unfortunately didn't bring the connector cable.

Oh, and it is rather cold. Not Provo cold, but cold enough. My poor lil' toes are not happy, but I have taken up wearing very warm socks constantly. There was one day where my camera lens got jammed. I nearly cried, I thought I had lost my camera! When we took it inside it fixed itself. I guess it had been too cold for too long...

Anyway, life is still good. I apologize sincerely that I could not respond to all the friends and family who wrote to me individually this week. I shall do my best to make it up to you in following weeks.

In regards to questions, I am forwarding e-mails to my own gmail account, I am happy, this area is considered countryside only by Tokyo standards (that really is what they call it though, even in English), and I refuse to believe that any time spent in any snow can be considered boring.

That's all the time I have, folks! Love ya!