Tuesday, August 24, 2010

久しぶり! Long time no see!

Sorry for the lack of posting lately, it's been fun out here in the field. We've been a little busy--not with appointments back to back, but with appointments that are FAR apart distance-wise and they kept creeping into our preparation day (today), so we haven't actually had a day of rest in about a month. Bleah. We corrected that and took a day off properly today, but due to a few miscalculations it's now the afternoon and I am just writing this to let you all know I am not dead before we set off to do some missionary work this evening.

For those of you who may not be aware, missionaries have one preparation day, or "p-day" every week. In Tokyo it's Tuesday but the day varies from mission to mission. This is the day we do our laundry, get haircuts, shop for food, etc. If we want to go to a museum or zoo or something we would do it on p-day. P-day is from 11:00am until 6:00pm; we still study for 3 hours in the morning and we still do missionary work in the evening.

Lately we've been having some great success in meeting new people who are interested in learning more about the Gospel and the church. We have a lot of mini appointments set for this/next week so I hope it all works out. We also met with a member who feels all the members of the ward should go on splits with the missionaries and do finding (knocking on doors, calling out to people in the street, etc.) at least once a month. She has even provided a potential schedule. It was amazing. We also have a baptismal date set. Yes, I am rather excited.

We have been very busy lately, which makes me feel a little sorry for my dear bean-chan! This new missionary is working really hard and doing her best to keep up, but every time we have a chance to sit down for a few minutes she falls asleep! She's sleeping right now. I think missionary work must be really exhausting. I'm tired all the time, but that's just...I'm ALWAYS tired when I wake up early in the mornings regardless of when I go to sleep. I've been like this my whole mission. I don't fall asleep during the day, though, and I have enough energy to last me until 10:30. I guess you really do get used to the work! :)

We went clothing shopping today. Lucky me, I found some nice blouses on sale for $5! Well, for 500 yen, and I guess that means $7, huh? How IS the economy doing in America, anyway? Am I going to be able to get a job when I get back? The moral of the story is I have 2 new blouses and I am very happy about it.

Well, that's about it for this week. Time is flying by WAY too fast! Love you all, talk to you again soon!