Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Japanese Summer

I like Japan. I like a lot of things about Japan. I do not like the fact that deodorant is not yet mainstream in Japan. Alas.

Here's a quick game I learned from a soon-to-die missionary; I will share it and then be on my way.

BOOK OF MORMON BASEBALL
1. One person says 'Pitch' and starts flipping quickly through the pages of the Book of Mormon, from start to end.
2. The other person says 'Swing!' The first person stops on that page.
3. The first person asks if the 'batter' wants the left or the right page, left or right column. The batter tells the 'pitcher' which page and which column.
4. The pitcher looks at the verses in that column and asks according. For example, suppose the batter asked for the right page, right column. The pitcher looks and sees verses 4-7 in that column, and says "Four through seven." The batter chooses a verse which the pitcher then reads.
5. The batter must then guess book and chapter without opening their Book of Mormon or peeking. They have 3 strikes.

This is a surprisingly fun game although I got 3 in a row correct so my companion won't play anymore unless we do it in Japanese.